Archive for category Military Records: Delaware
Ancestry Library Edition has several indexes and lists and many digitized original records. See Military Records in Ancestry
Delaware Public Archives has original military records of the colonial wars, Revolutionary War, War of 1812, militia records for 1765 to 1841, Mexican War, some Civil War files (from the Adjutant General office), Spanish-American War, National Guard Card File, World War I, and World War II records. They have indexes to many of these records.
- Guide To Revolutionary War Records
- Guide to Civil War Records
- Records dating to 1827, see the print publication Delaware Archives
Delaware Archive: Military and Naval Records. By Delaware Public Archives Commission. Vols. 1-5. Wilmington, Del.: Mercantile Printing, Star Pub. Co., 1911-1919.
Morris Library F161 .D29
Contains transcriptions and indexes for military related manuscripts at the Delaware Public Archives. Covers King George’s War (1744-48), French and Indian War (1754-1763), Revolutionary War and other conflicts, ending with the War of 1812. Note: DPA has additional materials not described in this set.
Colonial Delaware Soldiers and Sailors, 1638-1776. By Henry C. Peden. Westminster, Md.: Family Line Publications, 1995.
Morris Library F163 .P43 1995
Marylanders and Delawareans in the French and Indian War, 1756-1763. By Henry C. Peden. Lewes, DE: Colonial Roots, 2004.
Morris Library F180 .P435x 2004
Delaware Pensioners, 1835.
- Morris Library – Serial Set vol. 251, contains part 3: Southern and western states and District of Columbia
- Ancestry Library Edition. Go to Search> Military, browse to Delaware. Also available: Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
Delaware Roster of Union Soldiers. (Bits of Blue and Gray)
Fourth Delaware Regiment Infantry Volunteers. (Bits of Blue and Gray)
Contains material from Scharf, History of Delaware.
- Scharf, John Thomas. History of Delaware, 1609-1888. 2 vols. Philadelphia: Richards, 1888.
Morris Library – Reference (Ref F164 .S31 1976)
Morris Library – Special Collections (Del F164 .S31)
Morris Library (F164 .S31)
Library Databases via American County Histories to 1900 (restricted to UD)
- A comprehensive history of Delaware and its people. Vol. 2 contains histories of New Castle County (pp. 611-1028), Kent County (pp. 1028-1200), and of Sussex County (pp. 1200-1346). The print edition is accompanied by a 3-volume index: Index to J. Thomas Scharf, 3 vols. Wilmington: Historical Society of Delaware, 1976. Reference and Special Collections (F164 .S33). The Library Database edition does not include the Index but does have keyword searching. Note: the author’s name is pronounced “Skarf.”
Revolutionary Patriots of Delaware, 1775-1783: Genealogical and Historical Information on the Men and Women of Delaware Who Served the American Cause during the War Against Great Britain, 1775-1783. By Henry C. Peden. Westminster, Md.: Family Line Publications, 1996.
Not at University of Delaware Library